We use a lot of these: One for each family member under the hanukah menorah, one for Passover (that says "Zman Cheirutainu"), some for regular shabbat candles, etc.
These also make great hostess gifts.
- Print the saying that you wish to paint on a page, in a very simple font. Larger fonts are easier to paint than smaller ones.
- Take a glass cutting board ($4 at major big-box stores) and remove the little rubber feet.
- Paint the glass cutting board with thermo-hardening porcelain paint, using the printed paper underneath the glass as a guide for letter sizing.
- Let the paint dry overnight.
- Bake the tray, according to the paint instructions (usually 300 degrees F for an hour).
- When the tray cools, add back the little rubber feet, if desired.
- Tray should now be dishwasher safe.